AgMMA – Our Vision
To Match energy conversion processes to sustain agriculture in the use of farm Machinery protecting Environment.
* Date of Inauguration 1990
* Membership 24
* Associates 18
AgMMA – OBJECTS
The Objects of the Association shall be:-
1. To keep abreast of the development in the Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery Manufacturing Industry and to make the necessary recommendations and to safeguard the common interest of members.
2. To co-ordinate with Government entities and other organizations for research and development, testing, technical evaluation and promotion of Agricultural, plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and Equipment. Formulation and implementationof Farm, Plantation and Agro Processing mechanization and Industrial rationalisation programmes.
3. To explore marketing possibilities locally and abroad and sources of finance for locally manufactured Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and Equipment Manufactured.
4. To seek State Assistance to protect local Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and equipment.
5. Highlight issues and problems of local Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and Equipment Manufacturers and Suppliers.
6. Promotion of Local Manufacturers and suppliers of Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and Equipment to initiate suitable action to meet the requirements of Farmers, Plantation Industries an agro Processing Sector.
7. To continuously improve the quality and safety standards of locally manufactured or supplied or imported and supplied Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery and equipment.
8. To support, protect and ensure the interest and integrity and status of Sri Lankan firms or companies engaged in the business of Agricultural, Plantation and Agro Processing Machinery Manufacturing supply Trade and to represent and express on all matters and questions pertaining to such manufacturing and supplying business.
9. To promote, protect and support the rights, privileges and interests of the Members of the Association and to represent and express on the Agricultural, Plantation and agro Processing Machinery Manufacturing Trade.
10. To promote, protect or oppose legislations or other measures affecting the aforesaid interest and to organize associated activities for the furtherance of any of the above mentioned objects.
11. To represent the members at Local bodies, Urban or Municipal Councils, Trade Chambers and other organisations to safeguard and protect the trade in which the members are engaged in.
12. To organise ways and means and assist the members to obtain raw materials, accessories and spare parts on such Machinery at concessionary rates and facilities.
13. To help the members in time of financial crises and to uplift them .